Final Official Shoot Day for Makin It

"Makin' It" is an episodic webisode series I have been Co-Executive Producing, Directing, Shooting and Editing. It has taken a good four months of hard shooting to get the footage we need, and last weekend was our last official shoot, for Principle Photography.

It has been an amazing journey, with a great cast and crew, that I am sure will be working together sometime in the future. Their passion for writing, acting and doing what needs to be done behind the scenes is what makes this talented "troop" a golden find, in Hollywood. They are a rare breed and it is why this production should be a great success.

This whole webisode series started late last year (2010), when Melonie Holloway had an idea about two friends moving to Hollywood to try and "make it". She asked two great guys to come on board to help spearhead the writing (Ethan Andrew and Jon Befort), and off it went. After two months of writing, I was asked to come in and help push it through the production stages.

I have met a lot of great talent, made amazing friends and have worked hard with these great people for much of 2011. I would not have done it any other way. They have made me a better man, a better Director, and I am sure (in the passing moths) a much better Editor.

I guess this whole blog post is to say "Thank You" to all of the great talent that has believed in this production and all of those that have believed in my dream, moving out to Hollywood. IndieCross Studios is brining together some great projects and people. We are helping to change lives through great family-friendly productions.

In September, the first episode will air. Until then, please come back to these blogs (this thing posts everywhere), share your thoughts, support the cast and crew and come to (or download) the series. When it comes out it will help fund the dreams of the cast to make more, with your help.

This blog will now be my ongoing thoughts about productions that I am apart of, the making of the studio, and building up an army of great talent and crew to "man-up", make great productions and help people find hope in their lives.

Blessings to you all.

- Layne

P.S. - Forgive the English and spelling. I wrote this fast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film School and God